We gather and store information that is necessary to provide you with the best experience possible when using any of SeeScan’s Services. We do not distribute, share, or sell any user information.
Information collection and use
There are three categories of information we collect on our users:
- Commercial information
- Anonymous usage data
These categories also represent the categories of personal information that we have collected from consumers over the past 12 months.
We collect a variety of identifiers that you provide to us directly when you register for an account through our Apps or Sites. This information may include your:
- Street address, city, state/province, zip code, and country
- Phone number
- Email address
- Company name
- Account registration date
- Nicknames used for registered SeeSnake products
We use this information to do the following:
- Provide you with customer service on registered products
- Communicate product and software updates and distribute these updates to you
- Help us develop new and existing services
- Send you marketing and other email communications
We collect commercial information that you provide to us directly when you register a SeeSnake product. This information includes serial numbers, software versions, and dates registered.
We retain any payment information that you provide at the time of purchase for no longer than is necessary to fulfill your purchase.
Anonymous usage data
We may additionally collect anonymous usage data to help us identify what features are important to users.
Your information is safely stored. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for any reason, and we do not sell your personal information.
Third party applications
HQ is integrated with or may otherwise interact with third party applications, websites, and services (“Third Party Applications”). These Third Party Applications may have their own terms and conditions of use and privacy policies. Your use of these Third Party Applications will be governed by and subject to such terms and conditions of use and privacy policies.
Third Party Application Privacy policies:
Google user data
SeeScan Apps integrate with services provided by Google, including Gmail, YouTube, and Google Drive. By connecting SeeScan Apps to a Google account, you are allowing SeeScan Apps to have limited access to your Google user data. We use this data so that you can:
- Send email through your Gmail account
- Upload videos to YouTube and share links to these videos
- Upload recorded media including images and videos to a Google Drive account
Limits on Google user data
If you provide SeeScan Apps with access to your Google account, use of access will be limited to the following purposes:
- To read, write, modify or control Gmail message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings to provide a web email client that allows you to compose, send, read, and process emails
- To upload and share links to videos through YouTube API Services
- To upload images and videos to Google Drive
SeeScan Apps will not allow any SeeScan employees or affiliates to access any of the above data, and will not share any of the above data with third parties.
SeeScan Apps will not use access to your Google account to send advertisements.
Length of retention
- Time required to fulfill business purposes, including providing products and services
- Time required to maintain transaction and business records
- Handling possible consumer queries or complaints
- Whether the law, contracts, or other equivalencies have special requirements for data retention
You can unsubscribe from receiving emails from us at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email you received from us at the time you registered your account.
At any time, you may request to view the personal information that we have collected from you, or request that we permanently delete the personal information we have collected from you, by calling +1 (877) 733-7226 or sending us an email at [email protected].
SeeScan does not distribute, share, or sell users’ personal information to any third parties.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include anonymous, unique identifiers. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses Google Analytics to track website performance and understand how visitors interact with the page. You can opt out of Google Analytics here.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) provide California residents with the following rights regarding their personal information:
- Right to know and be informed, at or before the time of collection, about any of your personal data that is being collected, shared, and used
- Right to access, upon verifiable request, any personal information we have collected about you, including the following information:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The specific items of personal information we have collected about you
- The sources from which your personal information has been collected
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting your personal information
- The business or commercial purposes for sharing your personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom your information is shared (please note that SeeScan does not share your personal information with any third parties)
- Right to deletion of any personal information we have collected about you which is not necessary for us to maintain for the following purposes:
- To complete the transaction for which your personal information was collected
- To fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall
- To provide a good or service you have requested
- To debug to identify and repair errors that impede existing intended functionality
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the consumer’s expectations based on the consumer’s relationship with the business and compatible with the context in which the consumer provided their information
- To comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- To comply with a legal obligation
- Right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information (please note that SeeScan does not sell or share any of your personal information)
- Right to limit use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information solely to uses necessary for providing a good or service you have requested
To exercise your privacy rights, please call +1 (877) 733-7226 or email [email protected] with a description of your request. In order for us to process any request that you submit regarding your privacy rights, we will ask you to provide two valid forms of identification for verification purposes.
Employees and job applicants
Employees at SeeScan, as well as those who submit applications for employment at SeeScan, have the same rights as all other consumers under California law.
We only collect employees’ and job applicants’ personal information that they provide to us directly. The personal information that we collect about our employees and job applicants includes full name, mailing address, and email address.
This information is used only for purposes relevant to employment. We maintain employees’ and job applicants’ personal information for no longer than necessary to fulfill the terms of their employment or to consider their candidacy for employment, and to comply with all state and federal laws.
You may exercise your privacy rights at any time by following the methods described above.